OVLR Challenge Crossword No. 99-2, April, 1999
Following 1998's successful Atlantic British Parts successful Challenge Crossword , Atlantic British again decided to sponsor this competition. The rules are simple. Send in you completed Crossword Puzzle to the Editor, c/o OVLR, POB 36055, 1318 Wellington Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Y 4V3. The person with the highest number of correct answers will win a US$200 gift certificate from Atlantic British Parts of Mechanicsville, New York. Second place wins US$100.00 and Third place gets US$50. Sadly, only members of OVLR are eligible for a prize!
There are two ways to play -
- Print this page, or
- Play on-line or off with the Across Lite program.
Click here to download Across Lite. This is a one-time download and a simple, two-minute install. Enjoy interactive crossword puzzles on-line or off.
© M. Jackson 1999
1. Once a month location (8)
5. Lubricant addition adjunct (6)
9. Found in U.K. toolbox (pl.) (8)
10. Brake shoe type (6)
12. 109" successor introduced 1983 (3,3)
13. Toasty tootsie location (4,4)
15. Site of '96 Olympics (7)
16. Big name in winches (4)
20. Mechanic's claim on your vehicle (4)
21. Land Rover body type, ____ wagon (7)
25. Venue for mechanical repairs (4,4)
26. Ford 4x4 introduced 1966 (6)
28. City encircled by the "M25" (6)
29. First round-the-world sailor; GPS brand name (8)
30. Oil seepage inhibitor (6)
31. Helpful dashboard item if lost at night (3,5)
1. Item into which a gudgeon pin fits (6)
2. Type of automotive paint (6)
3. Post-nuptial material in your Land Rover (8)
4. Modern fastener type (Phillips cousin) not found on Series vehicles. (4)
6. Axle fasteners (1,5)
7. Brit term for bush bar or brush guard (5,3)
8. Street familiar to Land Rover owners (4,4)
11. Fastener anti-loosening material (7)
14. Major lubricant brand (7)
17. Compression ignition engine starting aid (4,4)
18. Engine friction reducers (8)
19. Rubber item around a body opening (4,4)
22. Aftermarket wheel type, often white (1,5)
23. Non-digital gauge type (6)
24. Easter millinery, Land Rover body component (6)
27. Acronym for 6 cyl. 109" sent to North America (1,1,1,1)
Note: While some of the clues may seem obscure, there are none that cannot be answered if you have read recent editions of the monthly newsletter. All of the "club specific" answers appear somewhere! In addition to OVLR's crosswords, Murray Jackson creates the Motor-Cross automotive crossword puzzle and the Motor Mania automotive pop quiz. These features cover all things automotive including old & new car models, automotive history, service & repair terminology, TV & movie cars and automotive personalities. Murray's features are published in the weekly automotive sections of a growing number of Canadian and U.S. newspapers. Previously-published features can be enjoyed in the Games Room at www.canadiandriver.com. These features are updated weekly so return often to test your automotive knowledge.
Click here or visit www.motor-cross.CA for information about adding Motor-Cross or Motor Mania to your publication or to purchase Motor-Cross ~ Volume 1, a compilation of Motor-Cross crosswords.