OVLR - 31st Annual General Meeting
March 10th, 6:30pm
held on the darkest, coldest night of the year, though last year we missed by two days. It was positively tropical in the -30c's. The AGM
is where the results of the elections are announced following the collection of any last minute ballots. The club membership gets to decide
the future direction of the club, as well as confirm several appointed positions that exist within the club.
The club membership will meet to -
- Start off with reports from the various officers of the Corporation.
The Returning Officer collects any last minute ballots, then announces the
new Executive. review the events of the past year discuss any plans for the forthcoming year
- The President will summarise the events of the past year, from the
Maple Syrup Rally, through to the Birthday Party, to the Calabogie runs, Frame Oiler and finally, the Christmas Party.
The Events Coordinator will discuss the larger events, where things could be improved in the future, what was successful in the past year.
The Off-road Coordinator will report on local off-roading events, trail closures, etc.
- The Secretary-Treasurer will give an account of the Corporation
finances, where monies were received, where they were expended during the past year. The Auditor will be available to comment on the
previous years books. The President will present last year's financial statements.
- appoint people into the positions of Secretary-Treasurer, Auditor,
Returning Officer, Club Equipment Officer and Editor. (Marshal is a lifetime appointment)
When & where:
Tueesday March 10th at 6:30 pm. It will be held at the Cheshire Cat on 2193 Richardson Side Road in Carp.
There are no reservations required with this event.
There is no cost associated with this event.
For those wishing a more formal looking agenda...
- Reading and approval of the minutes of last year's Annual General Meeting
- President's Report (including status of the new Fed- eral incorporations Act, Health of the club, other assorted highlights of the
- Events Co-ordinator's Report (summary of the year's events, proposals for next year)
- Off-road Co-ordinator's Report (summary of off-roading events, successes such as Opeongo et al)
- Editor's Report (summary of the past year's newsletter and challenges for the coming year)
- Archivist's Report (status of the club archives, inclusive of the process to put past issues of club newsletter on-line for
- Secretary-Treasurer's Report (summary of the club's finances)
- Auditor's Report (How well the Secretary Treasurer has done this past year)
- Elections (President, Events, Off-road co-ordinators, & Member-at-large) and Appointments (ratifications for the long list of
various non-elected positions: Secretary-Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, Website, Equipment, Archivist, Marshal Emeritus, Returning Officer,
Motion to Adjourn
- This year's Events
Appointment of Auditor Appointment of Returning Officer
- Business from the floor
- Event Coordinator: Terry King